Today on Episode #4 of the Apex Roundup Podcast it’s my “August is Here Already?” special.
In this episode, I’ve rounded up for you…
- My road trip to Nashville to see Tottenham Hotspur play English football against another British team, which took me through several small towns.
- Part 2 of my interview with Shane Reese of the Peak City Podcast, where we talk about being parents in Apex.
- Apex town council meeting updates from the August 1st meeting.
All this, stampeding your way, right now!
(music: Two Seater Medium)
Jumping into podcasting with both boots, I’m your voice for Apex, your source for local news and information, bringing you the best of interesting people in town and the workings of your municipal government. Your preferred replacement for print media, I am your host, Lance Olive. I’m so glad you’re here today.
And social media posts are hit-and-miss, and biased, depending on the burr under the poster’s saddle. And it occurred to me, I get around town as much as anyone, and I’m at every town council meeting, I’m at most of the ribbon cuttings and I visit a lot of our retailers. I may as well share this information with you so y’all know what’s happening.
Thirty minutes, twice a month, I round up the stories, the decisions and the opinions, and I share ’em with you.
You can follow me on Twitter, Facebook, iTunes and Google. Just search for Apex Roundup with Lance Olive.
- Called to order at 7:00 pm.
- Public Hearing #1: Quasi-Judicial Hearing for Special Use Permit #17SUP02 to install a cell tower off the NC Hwy 55, behind Puryear Trucking. Approved 5-0.
- Public Hearing #2: Adopt and Publish the bond order for General Obligation Bonds for up to $48 million to fund Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources projects, pending voter approval at the November 7, 2017 referendum. Three (3) citizens spoke. Approved 4-1.
- Unfinished Business #1: Continuation of July 18th Rezoning Application #17CZ11 to modify the Villages of Apex South PUD (formerly known as Trackside South), to reduce the minimum required square footage for retail in order to allow space for a daycare that is ready to begin construction, citing strong market demand for daycares. Approved 5-0.
- New Business #1: Discussion of Tunstall House future use and funding plans. Vigorous discussion with all generally willing to pursue restoration. Intended use is not agreed yet, so the formation of a steering committee was approved unanimously, and town manager will construct the roster and help the future committee (appointees are to be determined) move this discussion forward. The current funding is five (5) years out, per the current, approved Capital Improvements Plan (CIP).
- Adjourned at approximately 8:45 pm.
(Music Bed: Swing City Long)
The content of this podcast is proudly produced in Apex, North Carolina. By continuing to listen to it, you agree to do so in accordance with applicable United States law. Although I am indeed the mayor, the opinions expressed by me are my own. All information shared on this program is already public information. This podcast is a private venture and no public or campaign money was used in its production.
You should not use what you hear on this show to make any important decisions related to investments, development, relocation, ordinances, or participation in events without further researching the matter by contacting appropriate individuals and/or organizations. Neither I, nor this podcast, are responsible for any impact or loss you may experience. Make choices by doing your own research.
This podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and no lawyers were harmed in the writing of this disclaimer.